Saturday, July 19, 2008

Once again I'm returning to our blog with far too much news to get down - perhaps when my kids reach school age I'll finally have some spare moments to myself again. Not that I'd have it any other way, I love being busy!

Our new home in Thorneside has had its fair share of renovations since we moved in, but we've still got plenty to do. The new bathroom and playroom downstairs are both complete but not fully painted. The backyard is refenced, but we're still pulling glass and concrete out of the flower beds (??!!). This next week we hope to carpet the kids bedrooms, not because we don't find the timber flooring attractive but because it's rather cold on the feet in winter.

Unfortunately my Dad's 3 months with us are up so Brend and I are now project managers, a scary prospect considering our lack of renovation experience!

Life in Thorneside is pretty good. The parks are lovely and there are a couple with beach frontage onto the Bay. We've joined another nice playgroup and are living walking distance to both our church and Mikey and Em's best friends. We now get around the neighbourhood by bicycle with the kids in a bike trailer which we're all loving.

Koala's continue to come and visit our backyard and Aussie bird life is nothing short of spectacular.

Right now I'd better get on with placing masking tape around the playroom in order to continue painting... hopefully next time I blog we'll be a bit closer to completing the downstairs living area!

No comments: